Gmail is the most popular email provider that is used by almost all of us. Be it for personal email or the business-related; one uses Gmail for both the purposes. Previous, Gmail required an active internet connection. However, that has changed now. One would be able to use Gmail now even when they are offline. Gmail offline allows the users to compose and read emails offline now.
The feature has been added after it was realized that this would give a productivity boost to the users when they are in need of using Gmail where reliable internet connection isn’t available.
How to use Gmail offline in classic Gmail?
If you have not upgraded to the latest version of Gmail and is still using the classic Gmail, then follow the steps given below to start using Gmail offline.
1. Open your Chrome browser.
2. Log in to your Chrome Store and then download “Gmail offline app.”
3. For adding it to the Chrome, select the option “Add to Chrome” and then follow the instructions displayed on your screen. Also, select the app from the list of shortcuts.
4. Now, select “Allow offline mail” and then click “Continue.”
5. Go to “Settings” option which is placed in the top right corner of the screen and then select the number of messages that you want to download for offline viewing.
You are now ready to use the Gmail offline in your desktop. Please note that you would be able to access the Gmail offline app only from the Chrome browser.