Premium smartphones like the iPhone X and Samsung Galaxy Note 9 have boldly crossed the Rs 70,000 line, and even affordable flagships like the OnePlus 6 have encroached upon the Rs 35,000 territory. Most buyers often feel burdened while paying the entire amount at a single go. Unlike the US, credit card penetration in India is low, and this means buyers won’t be able to use the EMI facility offered by banks. Add to this, carrier bundled offerings are a rarity and thus one cannot expect any subsidies from telecom operators either.
Fret not, as in this article we will take you through a couple of ways to get EMIs for your smartphone purchases without the need to have a credit card.
Bajaj Finserv is a zero-cost EMI option available for all consumer electronic goods. The service is heavily advertised by offline retail shops. In fact, in order to get a Bajaj Finserv EMI card, your first purchase needs to be made at an authorised offline retail store. The number of EMIs offered for every product is different, and the upper limit of your Bajaj Finserv card is decided by your credit-worthiness.
- Zero Interest levied on EMIs
- Can be used for both offline and online purchases
- Supported by Flipkart
- Unless you are a Bajaj Finserv customer, the first transaction should compulsorily happen at an offline retail store. To find a list of Bajaj Finserv approved outlets in your city check this link
- The online dashboard to view your repayments is not up to the mark
- EMIs cannot always be availed on full price; down payment is mandatory on some products
ZestMoney is one of the easiest ways to get EMI’s without a credit card. One needs to add all their details including the usual KYC and employment details. Once done, you can head over to merchant sites and use ZestMoney as the payment option. Here, you can choose the EMI tenure, and the processing fee along with the interest will also be displayed. ZestMoney has tied up with merchants like Amazon, Flipkart, Mi, Zefo and Sangeetha for mobile phone purchases.
- User interface is slick and perhaps one of the best
- Lets you verify via Truecaller
- 0% EMI on select e-commerce sites and products
- No downpayment
- Income proof compulsory
- Need to upload documents everytime you want to purchase